Sunday, August 10, 2008

Big Change

God, I've really been crap at updating this. It's like anything else, a little too much goes by and you realize it's going to take longer than usual to update things, so you put it off, and it snowballs!

I have a lot of reading to catch up on, but here is a quick snip of what's been up with me lately. The 8th was the third anniversary of Adam's death. It seems amazing to me that it has been three years. Seems like such a long time without him sometimes, and then at other times... well, it's all a little too vivid, if you know what I mean.

I wanted to do something nice on the anniversary of the day Adam died, and so I chopped and donated my hair.

Here I am at the salon.


I had just had a facial, so I'm a little shiny and mussed and make up free, not really the best time for photos, but there you have it.



I went to see my stylist, Aimee, who is amazing, and the first person in the styling business that I absolutely trust and would follow anywhere.

We put my hair into a braid, and... she cut.





Again, I'm looking rough, I had not really slept the night before, and had done a lot of crying, so focus on the hair and the gorgeous Aimee, ok?




And here it is, about 13 inches, to go to a charity that makes wigs for cancer patients.


Rinsing hair color. For the most part, the color (which she did beautifully), is more or less my natural color, but with some golden and copper strands put underneath.


Cutting...


And done.




I love it, actually. I can't believe how much hair is gone! I'm still getting used to it, but Aimee is a damn genius.




Here is a kind of blurry one, but you can see how lovely the shape of the back of it is, I think it's quite elegant, really. Oh, and i'm not naked in this, it just kind of looks like I am!!




So, I have the new hair. Or new lack of hair, I suppose.

I have about ten mosaics to finish up and photograph for you, and also the log cabin blanket is done, but I'm trying to work out the best way to photograph that. I'm also finishing the Bar Harbor Shell Bag, and plugging away at that massive cape from Scarf Style, in Silky Wool, which I think I'm going to try to dye when it's done. THAT should be interesting.

20 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

the new 'do looks fabulous!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hair is lovely, Annie! That length is perfect on you. I wanted to donate mine but it wasn't long enough when I braided it up to chop.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

You, my dear, are simply stunning. Makeup-free, just facial-ed shininess and all. Absolutely beautiful. And the new haircut is wonderful!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! What a great thing to do in remembrance of Adam.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

You're beautiful! yay for donating! Which reminds me, I still have my hair, I need to send it for donation too! =D

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic! Good for you!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Your hair looks awesome! I think I like it better shorter.

My 5 year old niece and my SIL just donated their very long, blonde hair to Locks of Love, and I think it's a fantastic idea. I wish I could grow mine long enough to donate, but sadly, mine just won't cooperate.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look fabulous, Annie! It's great to hear from you.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Katie Collette said...

Wow, it looks beautiful! What a nice thing to do on such a terrible day.

*hugs*

11:21 AM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

Classy lady!
what a cool picture of your plait!!!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an incredible gift! Your new haircut looks hot.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hair looks incredible, very sleek and elegant!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Jennie said...

WOW!! You look great.

8:39 AM  
Blogger A Homely Heroine said...

What a great shape, thats a beautiful haircut! I love the colour too, but what an amazing thing to donate all those luscious locks.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

You know what? Your new hair looks amazing. You look drop-dead sexy. Keep it that way!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie,
You look beautiful!!

8:14 AM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

Hello!
I have nominated you for a blog award!
Collect it at www.dancingnic.blogspot.com and keep on sharing the love!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Lauren Leggatt said...

thats awesome what you did for cancer patients! :) i think your hair looks wonderful! :D

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Maite said...

I stumbled across your blog while blog hopping. I think what you did, donating your hair, is wonderful!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous fifa14.vipmmobank said...

We find a glimpse of a colourful, painted bit of artwork on the screen involving his her mobile computer just before he or she squeezes the particular sport bike helmet closed and also welcomes myself.
Fifa 15 Ultimate Team Coins

Fifa 15 coins PC

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home